JKx7 And More

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Vomit and Other Tender Moments

When 3 out of a family of 4 gets the stomach flu, it's hard to tame my words. Much laundry has and will be done as a result of this barf-o-rama. "Someone's" booty is feeling better after all the peeing from the butt. Grossed out? You know you've been there before.
We're on the rebound and keeping our fingers crossed that Isaac won't start puking. So far so good.
As Maddie and I shared the couch this morning, she spit out not just bile, but also some words of tenderness. She tugged at my heartstrings, and now I'll let her tug at yours...
Our conversation about chicken pox lead us to the subject of Uncle Karl (because he was an adult when he caught them). We talked briefly about his accident. She said "I'm surprised that his mom let her other kids ride in cars after that. She should have made Bampa, Dale and Sandy ride their bikes to work so that a car accident wouldn't happen to them".
Later, still lying around and feeling poorly, she said "I bet that if we were at Grammie's house right now, I'd be on her lap. She always takes good care of me when I'm sick."
She misses you all (especially Paige this week), and so do the rest of us.
PS Speaking of missing each other: next time I'm on the phone during a family dinner, pretend to not like each other so much.

4 Comments:

  • I know...I felt badly about that. But seriously...Brent was OUT of the will...and I just found out there WAS a will...it was chaos...we really weren't "LIKING" eachother when you called. Really.

    I mean, c'mon...mom and someone not recycling? Brent calling mom names? That can never be a good thing...

    By Blogger JP, at 11:38 AM  

  • So now there's a freaking will. I bet it was written March 22, 2005; the day I left the state.

    By Blogger Jess, at 12:51 PM  

  • And what are you hoping you gain from the supposed will??? the kitchen aid? the piano? oh, no...I'm sure you're thinking GRANDMA'S DIAMONDS. I see how you are...you...you Gold Digger.

    Also, I heard "Night and Day" on the oldies station tonight and it brought the meloncholiness right back. Darn that Ray Charles....

    By Blogger JP, at 10:01 PM  

  • Um... hello, when I talked to you I did tell you, I did not like them. Even though I would like to see Mom give Brent a swurly, I would much rather have you there.

    By Blogger Jaye, at 10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home