JKx7 And More

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

When Television Brings It All Together...or Home

Last Thursday night, I was watching Nick at Night. The girls were in bed, Alonso was in his office and I was scheduling/planning. (Yes…with the TV on.) The Cosby show started and not even five minutes into it and I knew what episode it was.

The Anniversary dinner for the Grandparents. The first one they did. I was stoked.

I sat through the whole episode and, I’m not joking, was just so excited that I happened to catch that one. It’s one of our family favorites. I couldn’t help it.

So why when the first line of Ray Charles’ “Night and Day” did I completely BAWL MY EYES OUT?! Hormones? The stress of my crazy life? Exhaustion?

Probably all of those in some respect. But I know it’s mostly because I miss my family. I miss all of us together. I miss that we all love those moments in television and movies that is a piece of our history. Stuff that we’ve loved all together…that’s just who we are as a family.

I miss US. I can’t wait until Christmas.

2 Comments:

  • I am a rich man. It is a rich man who loves his wife, loves his children (and children-in-law), they love him and each other, and love being together (whether together is on the phone, on the blog, or, of course, in person).

    jk

    By Blogger JK1, at 7:18 AM  

  • There's something about that episode. Even at your first mention in this post I got that familiar lump in my throat. Nick does play that one a lot. It some how is so us.

    By Blogger Jess, at 8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home