JKx7 And More

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

WARNING - don't read at work.

Preface: I feel like I need to blog about this to get it off my chest. If we didn’t have blog I would have never shared this with any of you… curses Jill. At this point I almost feel silly blogging about it, but it has been weighing on me so much. Well here…

I had a dream about Grandpa. And in my dream I even got to hug him. It was so real – from his small frail shoulders, to his red suspenders. He was even wearing a brown plaid shirt and a trucker’s hat. While I was dreaming I told myself it wasn’t real, but I didn’t care, I hugged him… tight.
Why am a sharing this? I don’t know. Even now it is making me cry again. I just wish we could talk about Grandpa more without all of us bursting into tears. He was…… I can’t think of a good enough word for our Grandpa… wonderful.




(I know they say you dream in black and white, but I remember it in color.)

2 Comments:

  • Weird that Grampa has been on my mind so much lately. This weekend at the coast I totally pictured him drawing Mickey Mouse in the sand...almost like it was real.

    By Blogger JP, at 8:01 AM  

  • And . . .

    Saturday, Sept 3rd would have been 50 years.


    jk

    By Blogger JK1, at 9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home